Thursday, August 9, 2012

RIP Justin Tarr


Jet Tar, also known as Justin Tarr whose real name was John Howard Kenneth Barnes, 72, of Honolulu, an actor, died in Hono-lulu. He was born in Amarillo, Texas. He is survived by son John D.A. Barnes, daughters Teira A. and Hera J., companion Colleen Sugerman, sisters Shelley Brewer and Niva Nolan, and eight grandchildren. Private services.

TARR, Justin (John Howard Kenneth Barnes)
Born: 4/14/1940, Amarillo, Texas, U.S.A.
Died: 7/26/2012, Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S.A.

Justin Tarr’s western – actor:
Showdown – 1973 (Slade)

7 comments:

  1. This was very sad information for me. Tully is my favourite personage in "The Rat Patrol".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I as his godson was given his priceless Gibson guitar if anyone may be interested.

      Delete
  2. Don't know why, but I've been dreaming about you every night for the past few weeks. Hope you are safe and happy. You have a wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Father, Best Friend, and Unreplaceable. Forever missed till I see you again. Life is not the same without you,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I met him in 2011 while I was vacationing in Honolulu. I was sitting in Starbucks when this gentleman came in to the coffee shop and sat down beside me. I knew him from some place but couldn't think of where I'd seen him before. He'd been having problems with his lap top and I asked him if I could help. We got to talking and come to find out he was Jet Tarr and had been in Rat Patrol. I ended up spending the entire day in Starbucks just whiling away the hours listening to his stories of Rat Patrol and his idea on a script for the new Hawaii 5-0. Best vacation I ever had! I was very shocked to learn he passed away the following year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watched Rat Patrol series when I was a kid and the Combat series and said to myself that's what I want to do when I'm old enough. SF, KP

      Delete
  5. I'm so sad to learn of Mr TARR's death back in 2012...he was once an employee of mine & he was strong-willed & bull-headed lol :-) he had many stories to tell about anything & everything. I truly miss those days but I'm sure he's in a better place now. RIP sir...

    ReplyDelete